Skip to main content

My Thoughts on Betrayal


In the wake of all the drama happening between Jordyn Woods and the KarJenners (if you don’t know about it, don’t worry. Gwyneth Paltrow doesn’t know either), I wanted to use this blog post to discuss betrayal.

I have learned a lot about betrayal over the past couple of years. There is nothing in this world that hurts more than being left by someone you thought would never leave your life. In 2009, I my best friend lost her life. Now in no way, shape, or form do I look at her leaving this planet as betrayal. I look at this traumatic event in my life as a blessing. She was one of the greatest pieces of art to ever walk this planet. No matter what she did, I looked at her like she was the sun because she was. Ever since then, I have learned to keep this same energy for the people that come into my life.

I have a flaw of giving people the benefit of the doubt whenever I meet them. This is always the first thought that comes into my head due to the fact that I feel like I can’t really trust anyone. I will always doubt intentions. I will always doubt motive. I will always doubt the truth. It isn’t something I am proud of, but I have learned that I get less hurt if I move this way. Besides love, I feel like trust is one of the main foundations of life. The way society has progressed, and social media has developed has narrowed how trusting we can be as people.

Is this really something we can be to blame for?

Do I need to rebuild trust in myself to accurately judge the character of people in my life?

I am not going to sit on here and dwell about all the terrible things that I have been done to me by people close to me, but I will say that being reserved about the people you let in your life only works for a little while. Those things and thoughts catch up to you and I have gotten to the point now where I feel numb. I have run out of patience and grace for mediocrity in my life when it comes to the people I surround myself with.

I am the type to give and give until I have nothing left, and even when I have nothing left, I will basically take out a loan to give more! It is draining, but feeling consumed by the amount of emotion you put into certain relationships and friendships is not the move. It is also not something that anyone deserves.

This lesson has taught me that love is not being the best player on your team. Love is not buying everything under the sun to get a reaction out of someone. Love is not questioned. Love is not reserved, and neither is respect.

 

So with all of that being said, I want to leave y’all with a quote for anyone who is feeling like they are not worth it.

“Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He is dreamy, but he is not the sun. You are.”

-        Christina Yang

Comments

  1. Naturally that cuts both ways Kipling's "The Vampire" (https://m.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/vampire-0) throw's the cracker in the soup from a man's perspective. Either way, a society that values "me" above all else rather than a society that that values "we" will create a default culture where sociopaths are created - and the happiness of "me" is all that matters, irrespective of the circumstances.

    The goal is to surround yourself with the "we" culture and not the "me" culture, and even though there is ALWAYS betrayal, it's not the gold standard of conduct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about any celebrities. We kinda move in different circles.
    I find, especially as I get older, that I have no wish to waste time on relationships where I give self and receive superficiality in return. The person or persons may be nice and decent, but if they're not willing to reciprocate the depth of my feelings, I don't spend my self. Life's too short and I am fortunate enough to have several friends and family who are willing to invest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with LL, Social Media is damn good at creating sociopaths who hide behind keyboards. Younger generations have no comprehension of actual 'communications' required to maintain a real relationship. We is better. And do not be afraid to NOT follow the crowd or celebrity of the day. Most of them are vapid creatures who could care less about the REAL you. Friends are few, acquaintances can be many. Know the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jordyn,

    There's a wonderful song written by the late Guy Clark, entitled "The Cape." You need to trust your cape. Life is full of ups and downs, and some friendships are somewhat fleeting. Other friendships will be there for a lifetime. It's a life lesson. We learn that we're responsible for ourselves and our own happiness, which is tough sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning & Growing With You

  I’ve tried to write this a million times because trying to decide how I want to express my feelings is really difficult on this one…   (This is not about an ex, btw)   I think I’m going to write this one mostly in letter format, so here we go.   To You,   I’m finding it more difficult than I thought to adjust to a love that is not abusive and draining. I have found it hard to accept a love that is not one-sided. Now, I know what a lot of people would say. “All of those things are not love…” But when you have only know that to be your idea of love in relationships that becomes the love that you believe in and that you know.    It’s so crazy that just a few short months ago, I finally believed that I was ready for the type of relationship and friendship that I deserved and then there you were, right there in my Bumble feed! Every day you are teaching me more and more about things that I never thought would be acceptable. You are teaching me that affection isn’t “overbearing.” You are t

My First Love

Over the past five years, I have experienced more confusion and turmoil than my 10-year-old self ever thought was possible for my future. When you’re ten, you imagine things for yourself that seem to be impossible. You have the entire world at your feet and time feels like it will never run out. I remember for the longest time I was certain that I would have my own Disney Channel show, if not, movie. I also thought that I would be a doctor, join the Peace Corps, and become a professional soccer player. These are some pretty outlandish careers for me to obtain, but I had huge dreams for myself. Next to those huge dreams, I had an overwhelming among of love and support that surrounded me. But this love and support came with conditions.              Being young and able to be exposed to all different kinds of activities was fun, until my father realized that I inherited an insane amount of athleticism and was playing at a level well above my age group. He started to meet people and m

My First Boyfriend

Boy, oh boy…. This one is an interesting one to even think about because it's been so long. Let’s talk about my first boyfriend. To make a long story, short about how we met and fell in looOOooOve… this is all you need to know. I met this boy whilst in my freshman biology class in high school. He was that funny kid that made fun of/flirted/terrorized our teacher. It was enough to make me roll my eyes and become smitten with him all at the same time. We started to hang out before I would have to go to basketball practice and sometimes I would even be late to practice because I wanted to squeeze in a few extra minutes with him. After a couple of times of hanging out, we had our first kiss. Let me tell you….this was THE most disgusting encounter of my life. If you know anything about where I went to high school, we had a set of stairs that we would call “the big stairs.” Sooo a top the big stairs, we were just standing there, and the vibes were all right, like there were