Skip to main content

Learning & Growing With You

 I’ve tried to write this a million times because trying to decide how I want to express my feelings is really difficult on this one…

 

(This is not about an ex, btw)

 

I think I’m going to write this one mostly in letter format, so here we go.

 

To You,

 

I’m finding it more difficult than I thought to adjust to a love that is not abusive and draining. I have found it hard to accept a love that is not one-sided. Now, I know what a lot of people would say. “All of those things are not love…” But when you have only know that to be your idea of love in relationships that becomes the love that you believe in and that you know. 

 

It’s so crazy that just a few short months ago, I finally believed that I was ready for the type of relationship and friendship that I deserved and then there you were, right there in my Bumble feed! Every day you are teaching me more and more about things that I never thought would be acceptable. You are teaching me that affection isn’t “overbearing.” You are teaching me that I don’t have to take care of everything. You are teaching me that it’s okay to be imperfect and just straight up human, and you’ll think I’m a goddess no matter what. Most importantly, you are teaching me that it’s not impossible to be on the same page.

 

We have moved quickly in this relationship, but it wasn’t forced, and sometimes it makes me question if one day you’ll get bored or annoyed with me – but it’s so easy to snap back into the present with you and remember that this isn’t that. You are the love I manifested. You are the person I prayed for. 

 

I don’t want to overdo it on the headass-ery, but I’m a little simp for you. Thank you for providing me the security I’ve been needing. Thank you for not being a yes-man, but being a man who will show up always and support me in all the things. Thank you for showing me that a love doesn’t have to be full-on consuming and that we can just be.

 

I just hope I’m providing you with the same support and love that you give me. I hope you know that I see you as an absolute angel. I will continue to grow with you and appreciate you. Who you are and where you come from is more than enough for me and I couldn’t be more grateful and blessed to be a part of your story.

 

Adoration doesn’t even begin to describe this love.

 

XO,

 

J.

 

 

To anyone who is in the position where they are accepting the love they think they deserve, there is better – but you absolutely have to believe that. You have to believe with every fiber of your being that you are more than deserving of everything that comes with. That comes with letting go. It comes with forgiveness. It comes with heartbreaking calls. It comes with all of these things that physically hurt so bad that you can’t will yourself to believe that the sun will come up… but it does. Shit falls in your lap when you believe that it will and that is true for everything in this life. Being comfortable with bullshit is more painful in the long run than uncomfortably pushing yourself and your mind to becoming the person you have always dreamt of being. 

 

Alexa, please play “Get You” by Daniel Ceasar

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To All My Past Entanglements...

I feel like I should just make this a damn surverymonkey instead of a blog because I have so many freaking questions. First of all, can someone just tell me what runs through the male species mind when they are entertaining females? Like I need the actual break down because what the fuck.   This is my thing… I’m completely in a place in my life where I am starting to fully take responsibility for my character flaws and understand where I fall short. With that being said, I am well aware that I do not need to get myself into any sort of “entanglement” (as Jada Pinket Smith would say… *rolls eyes*) because this time of learning and coming to terms with myself is very vulnerable, AND MEN PREY ON THE VULNERABLE… at least the ones I seem to attract. BUT Let’s talk about entanglements anyway because I really need to know your thoughts. I think it is so interesting that this term is a literal buzzword right now because it seems like everyone is in at least one entanglement. I don’t want to di

Lessons From the Boy Who Changed My World

I am feeling a lot of love in my heart tonight and I feel like this is the best time to talk about the relationship that motivated me and taught me the best things about life and got me to step out of my comfort zone in the best way possible. I wish I could disclose his name because the amount of gratitude that I have in my heart for him is unmatched because of the way he treated me and the things he taught me. I want to start by reminiscing about the early times of our relationship. We were quite an odd couple in the eyes of basically everyone, as we ran in two completely different circles and we honestly probably wouldn’t have met each other if it wasn’t for the fact that I was hiding from a creepy guy at the fair! I don’t know what it was about him that made my heart smile and made me appreciate every aspect of life all day, every day. He made me the best version of myself. It was sooooo out of my social norm to date someone like him. I was 16, so I was at an extremely stubb