Skip to main content

Songs That Led My Lessons


Before I write all my blogs, there are a lot of things I have to do to get my mind right. The day I know that I am going to write, I feel all types of emotions. Sometimes I am really, REALLY happy that I got over everything I was feeling and got out of some pretty messed up situations. Sometimes I am EXTREMELY sad because in some of the relationships I feel like I didn’t get the closure I deserved or needed. But there is always one common emotion that I have before writing every blog and that is anxiety. This level of anxiousness often fluctuates depending on who I am writing about because I know that in writing about them, I am bringing up a lot of emotional baggage and being very vulnerable about it in the most positive way possible.

To write my lessons and talk about different aspects of these relationships doesn’t come as easy as you may think. So, before I write, I take a couple of minutes and remember everything I possibly can about these people. From what I loved to what I couldn’t stand to the way their eyes looked in the light to the way they became exposed with me. Then I turn on the playlist that I either made for this person or with this person in mind. It is so crazy how many memories can come flooding back to you through different songs. Regardless of if you resonated with the song so much that you swear you wrote it, or it was the song you danced to or screamed at the top of your lungs right next to the person you adore most in this world.

With that being said, I have a made a playlist for each of the blogs I have posted. Some of these songs are songs that remind me of good times with or our situation (in terms of the relationship) or just, straight up, helped me get through the toughest times regarding these people. I hope you like them!

My First Love - a playlist.
1.      “Daughters” by John Mayer
2.      “Daddy’s Little Girl” by J. Cole
3.      “Where I Wanna Be” by Donell Jones
4.      “She Got Her Own” by Ne-Yo feat. Jamie Foxx
5.      “Just Fine” by Mary J. Blige
6.      “Playground” by Another Bad Creation
7.      “Diary” by Alicia Keys feat. Tony! Toni! Tone!
8.      “When You Love Someone” by James TW
9.      “Butterfly Fly Away” by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus
10.   “Gotta Go” by Trey Songz
11. "Stripped Bare" by Alyson Stoner

My First Boyfriend – a playlist.
1.      “All Gold Everything” by Trinidad James
2.      “My Boo” by Usher and Alicia Keys
3.      “The Moon” by The Swell Season
4.      “U Got It Bad” by Usher
5.      “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry
6.      “Should’ve Kissed You” by Chris Brown
7.      “Foolish” by Ashanti
8.      “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
9.      “Hello” by Lionel Richie
10.   “Big Poppa” by Biggie Smalls
Lessons From the Boy Who Changed My World – a playlist.
1.      “Gravity” by John Mayer
2.      “Better Together” by Jack Johnson
3.      “Oceans” by Death and a Cure
4.      “The Spin You’ve Got Me In” by Death and a Cure
5.      “Light Years Away” by Mozella
6.      “Born To Die” by Lana Del Rey
7.      “One Wish” by Ray J
8.      “Never Let Me Go” by Florence + The Machine
9.      “Drinking and Driving” by Jhene Aiko
10.   “Paper Hearts” by Tori Kelly

Lessons From the Boy Who Understood Me – a playlist.
1.      “Persian Rugs” (Quemix) by Jacquees
2.      “Skrilla” by Kodak Black
3.      “The Worst” by Jhene Aiko
4.      “Treat Me Like Somebody” by Tink
5.      “Selfish” by PnB Rock
6.      “Playboy” by Trey Songz
7.      “No Fear” by Dej Loaf
8.      “I Won” by Future feat. Kanye West
9.      “In My Feelings” by Kehlani
10.   “Back Up” by DeJ Loaf feat. Big Sean (even though he thought Big Sean’s verse was weak … smh)

Lessons From the Boy with the Accent – a playlist.
1.      “Do You Miss Me at All” by Bridgit Mendler
2.      “Portland, Maine” by Donovan Woods (I am aware that this is not the original, but this version is better. Don’t come for me)
3.      “Say You Won’t Let Go” by James Arthur
4.      “How To Live Alone” by Evan Ross feat. T.I.
5.      “Yo Side of the Bed” by Trey Songz
6.      “Like You’ll Never See Me Again” by Alicia Keys
7.      “They’ll Never Know” by Ross Copperman
8.      “Ruin” by Shawn Mendes
9.      “Wonderwall” by Ryan Adams (He obviously preferred the original by Oasis because of where he is from, but I liked this one better because I feel like I really felt all the words)
10.   “This Town” by Niall Horan

Lessons From My Best Friend – a playlist.
1.      “Ready Yet” by Sasha Sloan
2.      “Mine” by Bazzi
3.      “Soulmate” by Natasha Bedingfield
4.      “Songs About Rain” by Gary Allan
5.      “Best Friend” by Rex Orange County
6.      “Ruin the Friendship” by Demi Lovato
7.      “Livin’ It Up” by Ja Rule
8.      “Best Friend” by Young Thug
9.      “Why You Always Hatin?” by YG feat. Drake and Kamaiyah
10.   “White Privilege” by Macklemore

Lessons From the Boy Who Taught Me to Love Myself – a playlist.
1.      “Close” by Ella Mai
2.      “I’d Rather Go Blind” by BeyoncĂ© (Once again, not the original)
3.      “What’s My Name?” by Rihanna feat. Drake
4.      “Southside” by Lloyd
5.      “New Balance” by Jhene Aiko
6.      “I Choose You (Acoustic)” by Kiana Lede
7.      “You Should Be Here” by Kehlani
8.      “Teenage Fever” by Drake
9.      “Blue Hunnids” by Kool John feat. P-LO
10.   “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove

LESSONS FROM MY EXES – a playlist.
1.      “Karaoke” by Drake
2.      “Thank U, Next” by Ariana Grande
3.      “Gravity” by John Mayer
4.      “Remember Me” by UMI
5.      Atlas Hands by Benjamin Francis Leftwich
6.      “Somebody Special” by Nina Nesbitt
7.      “Footsteps” by Kehlani feat. Musiq Soulchild

All of these playlists will be on Apple Music for anyone to access if you want! (Spotify users hit me up if you want me to make one!) The “LESSONS FROM MY EXES – a playlist.,” does have more songs that are on the playlist, so I guess you’ll have to go check it out! I also have a bonus playlist to help my girls and guys feel like some bad b****es!!

Comment below your favorite playlist or a song that helped you guys get through your breakups! Thank you, guys, for reading and for your ongoing support of this blog. It honestly means the world getting messages from people telling me how much my blog is helping them or how much they look forward to reading it! I’ve got some cool stuff coming because of this, so thank you!


Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/profile/jvegass

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning & Growing With You

  I’ve tried to write this a million times because trying to decide how I want to express my feelings is really difficult on this one…   (This is not about an ex, btw)   I think I’m going to write this one mostly in letter format, so here we go.   To You,   I’m finding it more difficult than I thought to adjust to a love that is not abusive and draining. I have found it hard to accept a love that is not one-sided. Now, I know what a lot of people would say. “All of those things are not love…” But when you have only know that to be your idea of love in relationships that becomes the love that you believe in and that you know.    It’s so crazy that just a few short months ago, I finally believed that I was ready for the type of relationship and friendship that I deserved and then there you were, right there in my Bumble feed! Every day you are teaching me more and more about things that I never thought would be acceptable. You are teaching me that affection isn’t “overbearing.” You are t

To All My Past Entanglements...

I feel like I should just make this a damn surverymonkey instead of a blog because I have so many freaking questions. First of all, can someone just tell me what runs through the male species mind when they are entertaining females? Like I need the actual break down because what the fuck.   This is my thing… I’m completely in a place in my life where I am starting to fully take responsibility for my character flaws and understand where I fall short. With that being said, I am well aware that I do not need to get myself into any sort of “entanglement” (as Jada Pinket Smith would say… *rolls eyes*) because this time of learning and coming to terms with myself is very vulnerable, AND MEN PREY ON THE VULNERABLE… at least the ones I seem to attract. BUT Let’s talk about entanglements anyway because I really need to know your thoughts. I think it is so interesting that this term is a literal buzzword right now because it seems like everyone is in at least one entanglement. I don’t want to di